Every year, the Partners learn about Hampton Roads issues, choose a focus area, invite nonprofits to apply for grants, go on site visits and recommend funding.
For 2019, the Partners' grant focus was on:
- Intervention and/or re-engagement programs that help youth between the ages of 16 and 24 who are not working, in school or the military, or
- Prevention programs that help middle school or high school students at risk of unemployment and not completing school
In 2019 more than 230 Partners awarded $225,000 to 14 area organizations working in the focus areas. View the 2019 grants awarded
Join the Partners
Community-minded adults in Hampton Roads are welcome to join the Partners, a dynamic group of philanthropists, by donating a minimum of $2,100* annually ($400 if you are age 39 or younger) for either an individual or a couple. Click here for a list of current members of the Community Leadership Partners. Your annual gift lets you:
- Learn first-hand about philanthropy and community needs
- Participate with your spouse or partner in grantmaking
- Get to know other community leaders and philanthropists
- Attend education and networking events
Join online or by mailing an Enrollment Form [PDF] and a check to the Hampton Roads Community Foundation. 101 W. Main Street, Suite 4500, Norfolk, VA 23510.
* $1,000 of the $2,100 gift is applied to grants and $100 pays to administer the fund; the remainder is added to a permanent endowment for future grantmaking. A proportional amount is assessed to the younger partners.