Every year, the Partners learn about Hampton Roads issues, choose a funding focus area, invite nonprofits to apply for grants, go on site visits to see programs in action, and recommend grants to fund.
For 2019, the Partners' grant focus was on:
- Intervention and/or re-engagement programs that help youth between the ages of 16 and 24 who are not working, in school or the military, or
- Prevention programs that help middle school or high school students at risk of unemployment and not completing school
In 2019 the Partners awarded $225,000 to 14 area organizations working in the focus areas. View the 2019 grants awarded
Click here for a list of current members of the Community Leadership Partners.
Join the Partners
Community-minded adults in Hampton Roads are welcome to join the Partners. Your annual gift lets you:
- Learn first-hand about philanthropy and community needs
- Actively participate in grantmaking and nonprofit site visits
- Get to know other community leaders and philanthropists
- Attend educational and networking events
For Partners who are age 50 and up: $2,100 annually.
For Partners ages 40-49: $1,000 annually* (Note: if members are a couple, both must be in this age range).
For Partners age 39 and below: $500 annually. (Note: if members are a couple, both must be under age 40).
* $1,000 of the $2,100 gift is applied to grants and $100 pays to administer the fund; the remainder is added to a permanent endowment for future grantmaking.
Ways to pay:
- By credit card online
- By mailing a check to the Hampton Roads Community Foundation, 101 W. Main Street, Suite 4500, Norfolk, VA 23510
- With securities (e.g. stocks, bonds or mutual funds)
- With Individual Retirement Account transfer
- Through your donor-advised fund