Follow these steps to increase your chances for program and seed funding
Are you working on a grant application? Do you need tips on how to improve your chances of getting funded?
If you are like many nonprofits seeking to increase your chances for program & seed funding, then follow these steps:
- Demonstrate that the project is a strong fit with your organization’s mission and is aligned with a board-adopted strategic plan.
- Demonstrate your nonprofit’s organizational and programmatic expertise and experience necessary to accomplish the project
- Have a track record of providing effective programs to your target population
- Have a history of strong financial management
- Have a structured business plan for ongoing financial and community support to ensure the continuation of the program
- Bring new strategies to bear on the need, particularly in the area of re-orienting traditional service approaches to more fully engage clients in the program
- Have a program that is proven effective through a research methodology within the target population
- Not duplicate approaches already in place within South Hampton Roads
- Include clearly stated goals, timeline, logic model and measurable knowledge, skill and/or behavioral outcomes
- Be able to measure the program’s effectiveness in achieving its stated objective
- Include a viable and effective component to measure interim and long-term program outcomes. (These outcomes should be tied to identified indicators within the field of service and others noted as of particular interest to us.)
- Seek to creatively collaborate and cooperate with other organizations or agencies
Learn more about Hampton Roads Community Foundation grants and application procedures.
Meet with a grant program officer to talk about ideas during Drop-in Day.