You need this information for your scholarship application
It will help you to have the following materials on hand when completing your scholarship application. Information listed below will be used to help evaluate your application. Requirements may differ among undergraduate, graduate school, medical school, theological school, and other scholarships so look closely at the criteria for specific scholarships.
- FAFSA 2018-2019 Student Aid Report (SAR) [PDF] if you wish to be considered for need-based scholarships. File your FAFSA after October 1 with the federal government and upload the resulting document to your scholarship application. If you are applying for theological scholarships you may submit your most recent federal tax return instead of the SAR if your seminary does not require you to file the FAFSA.
- Financial information. In addition, use this Statement of Family Income & Resources Worksheet [PDF] to gather information on your family's 2017 income. You will need to enter this information in your online application if you wish to be considered for need-based scholarships. Please provide 2017 financial information in this section even though your FAFSA is based on 2016 income.
- School transcripts. Please upload copies of your transcripts in PDF or JPEG format. Applicants for undergraduate scholarships must submit a high school transcript unless you completed high school more than five years ago. Current college students and graduate school applicants must upload transcripts of all previous and current college and post-graduate work. Your name, all coursework, grades, GPA, major(s) and/or degree earned must be visible on the transcript. If you are uploading an electronic transcript from National Student Clearinghouse or another service, make sure the file you provide IS NOT locked or have time-limited access restrictions.
- Test Score Report. Applicants for undergraduate scholarships must upload SAT and/or ACT scores reports showing your highest scores unless you completed high school more than five years ago. If your chosen scores appear on your school transcript, you can choose not to upload a separate report.
- References. Two references are required. You can provide names and email addresses of those who will send us letters or you can upload copies of their signed letters of recommendations. You may want to consider guidance counselors, teachers, school administrators, employers or others who know you well and can comment on your academic and personal strengths. Your references cannot be related to you. Note: some scholarships require recommendations from specific people. The Jennifer Mooney Greene Scholarship requires that one letter is from the AVID Coordinator. Theological scholarships require that one letter is from a member of the clergy.
- Personal statement. You must upload (in Word or PDF) a typed response addressing both of the following questions: 1)What are your educational and career goals? Include why you chose your field of study, career path and/or college? 2) Describe either a situation that allowed you to display your character in a positive way, a hardship you've overcome, or an incident you wish you had handled differently. Please limit your total statement to three double-spaced pages in 12-point font (approx. 900 words). Tip: Do not repeat information in your essay that you've provided elsewhere in your application. Use this as an opportunity to tell a broader story and enhance the committee's understanding of who you are and why you stand out.
- Check your files. After you upload documents and save your application, click "View" to check whether each file you uploaded opens and is the correct document.
- Multiple page documents - Documents with more than one page should still be saved and uploaded as one file. If you upload each page individually, reviewers will only be able to see the last page you uploaded before saving your application.
- File types - Do not upload ZIP files, Google Docs, PAGES or CSV files.
Click here to enter the scholarship portal, set up your account, and complete your application electronically. Please read how to use the scholarship portal. And, be sure to follow the directions and provide all required information.