Every year, the Partners learn about Hampton Roads issues, choose a focus area, invite nonprofits to apply for grants, go on site visits and recommend funding. In 2016, for example, nearly 250 Partners awarded $225,000 to 22 organizations whose reading mentors, shelter animals, boat builders and volunteer running coaches helped propel kids from lower-income families onto good paths in life. View the 2016 grants
Join this dynamic group by donating a minimum of $2,100* annually ($400 if you are age 39 or younger). Click here for a list of current members of the Community Leadership Partners. Your annual gift lets you:
- Learn first-hand about philanthropy and community needs
- Participate with your spouse or partner in grantmaking
- Get to know other community leaders and philanthropists
- Attend education and networking events
Join online or by mailing an Enrollment Form [PDF] and a check to the Hampton Roads Community Foundation. 101 W. Main Street, Suite 4500, Norfolk, VA 23510.
* $1,000 of the $2,100 gift is applied to grants and $100 pays to administer the fund; the remainder is added to a permanent endowment for future grantmaking. A proportional amount is assessed to the younger partners.