Every year, the Partners learn about Hampton Roads issues, choose a focus area, invite nonprofits to apply for grants, go on site visits and recommend funding. In 2017, for example, more than 230 Partners awarded $225,000 to 22 organizations using mentoring, arts, enrichment, fitness, boat building and other activities to propel kids from lower-income families onto good paths in life. View the 2017 grants
For 2017 the focus is on helping youth ages 9 to 18 through prevention and intervention programs related to homelessness, foster care, abuse or human trafficking, gangs, involvement in the juvenile justice system, mental health issues or substance abuse issues.
Join the Partners, a dynamic group of philanthropists, by donating a minimum of $2,100* annually ($400 if you are age 39 or younger) for either an individual or a couple. Click here
for a list of current members of the Community Leadership Partners. Your annual gift lets you:
- Learn first-hand about philanthropy and community needs
- Participate with your spouse or partner in grantmaking
- Get to know other community leaders and philanthropists
- Attend education and networking events
- Access hundreds of timely articles, webinars and examples of family philanthropy through the National Center for Family Philanthropy. Contact Vivian Oden at (757) 622-7951 for online access.
Join online or by mailing an Enrollment Form [PDF] and a check to the Hampton Roads Community Foundation. 101 W. Main Street, Suite 4500, Norfolk, VA 23510.
* $1,000 of the $2,100 gift is applied to grants and $100 pays to administer the fund; the remainder is added to a permanent endowment for future grantmaking. A proportional amount is assessed to the younger partners.