Every year, the Partners learn about Hampton Roads issues, choose a focus area, invite nonprofits to apply for grants, go on site visits and recommend funding.
For 2019, the Partners' grant focus is on:
- Intervention and/or re-engagement programs that help disconnected youth between the ages of 16 and 24 or
- Prevention programs that help middle school or high school students at risk of disconnection.
Read the guidelines
The deadline to apply for 2019 funding is Friday, May 24 at 5 p.m. All applications must be made online.
Note: Potential Community Leadership Partners grant applications are encouraged to attend an information session at the Hampton Roads Community Foundation office from 3 - 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 16. This special session will focus on the 2019 Partners grant guidelines and application process.
Applicants also may find helpful a Monday, May 13 workshop from 3 to 4:30 p.m. at the community foundation. This grants workshop will focus on making outcomes count.
Register for either or both sessions by emailing Sarah Ellis, grants manager, at email@example.com.
In 2018 more than 230 Partners awarded $225,000 to 17 organizations that serve middle school or high school aged youth or programs serving disconnected youth and young adults ages 16-24 who are neither working nor in school. View the 2018 grants awarded
Join the Partners
Community-minded adults in Hampton Roads are welcome to join the Partners, a dynamic group of philanthropists, by donating a minimum of $2,100* annually ($400 if you are age 39 or younger) for either an individual or a couple. Click here for a list of current members of the Community Leadership Partners. Your annual gift lets you:
- Learn first-hand about philanthropy and community needs
- Participate with your spouse or partner in grantmaking
- Get to know other community leaders and philanthropists
- Attend education and networking events
- Access hundreds of timely articles, webinars and examples of family philanthropy through the National Center for Family Philanthropy. Contact Vivian Oden at (757) 622-7951 for online access.
Join online or by mailing an Enrollment Form [PDF] and a check to the Hampton Roads Community Foundation. 101 W. Main Street, Suite 4500, Norfolk, VA 23510.
* $1,000 of the $2,100 gift is applied to grants and $100 pays to administer the fund; the remainder is added to a permanent endowment for future grantmaking. A proportional amount is assessed to the younger partners.