Are you exploring your charitable options? Then we're on the same page.
Do you have a passion for enhancing the arts, helping shelter animals, improving education or helping low-income people?
Perhaps you want to forever support your favorite nonprofit or place of worship or help deserving students go to college.
Maybe you just want to give back for the good life you have led.
The Hampton Roads Community Foundation can help you do all that ... and more. Since 1950, charitable people have entrusted us with their hopes for southeastern Virginia and its people. You can read their inspiring stories throughout this website. Or visit all the causes they've supported for the past 67 years. Click here for a quick fact sheet about us.
We bring regional knowledge and tax-wise expertise
You've been making charitable donations for years so why do you need the Hampton Roads Community Foundation? We might make sense for you if:
- You'd like a charitable partner who knows virtually everything about the Hampton Roads nonprofit sector from the environment to humane animal care.
- You prefer someone else to handle all the details of grants, acknowledgments and accounting.
- Your tax advisor says you would benefit from making a large charitable gift.
- You want to establish an endowment to help your favorite organizations or causes forever.
- You wish to decide your charitable estate plans now, even if they won't be executed for years.
Never a direct cost to you
For all its services, the Hampton Roads Community Foundation will never charge you anything. You receive a charitable tax break when you donate funds. From that point on, your community foundation assesses your fund a modest annual management fee, but not you. See our fees information for details.