Every year, the Partners learn about Hampton Roads issues, choose a focus area, invite nonprofits to apply for grants, go on site visits and recommend funding. For 2018 the Partners will fund nonprofit organizations that serve middle school or high school aged youth or programs serving disconnected youth and young adults ages 16-24 who are neither working nor in school.
In 2017 more than 230 Partners awarded $225,000 to 22 organizations using mentoring, arts, enrichment, fitness, boat building and other activities to propel youth ages 9 to 18 from lower-income families onto good paths in life. View the 2017 grants
Join the Partners, a dynamic group of philanthropists, by donating a minimum of $2,100* annually ($400 if you are age 39 or younger) for either an individual or a couple. Click here for a list of current members of the Community Leadership Partners. Your annual gift lets you:
- Learn first-hand about philanthropy and community needs
- Participate with your spouse or partner in grantmaking
- Get to know other community leaders and philanthropists
- Attend education and networking events
- Access hundreds of timely articles, webinars and examples of family philanthropy through the National Center for Family Philanthropy. Contact Vivian Oden at (757) 622-7951 for online access.
Join online or by mailing an Enrollment Form [PDF] and a check to the Hampton Roads Community Foundation. 101 W. Main Street, Suite 4500, Norfolk, VA 23510.
* $1,000 of the $2,100 gift is applied to grants and $100 pays to administer the fund; the remainder is added to a permanent endowment for future grantmaking. A proportional amount is assessed to the younger partners.