Intriguing choices for giving
There are many opportunities for giving through the community foundation to help improve life in Hampton Roads. With any size donation, you can:
- Community Fund for Arts and Culture
- Community Fund for Civic Leadership
- Community Fund for Educational Achievement
- Community Fund for the Environment
- Community Fund for Health and Human Services
- Community Fund for Scholarships
- Community Fund – a multi-purpose fund that underpins grants to a variety of area nonprofits.
- Contribute to "field-of-interest" endowments started by generous people like you. Each fund has a different purpose and enables grants to go to nonprofits working in such areas as early childhood education, animal welfare, homelessness and horticulture education, to name a few causes.
- Donate to benefit a specific nonprofit or cause through one of our designated endowments. Each fund names a specific nonprofit (or more) to receive annual grants. There are dozens of choices include, for example, benefitting Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters, Elizabeth River Project and places of worship.
- Don't know what to give to the friend or relative who has everything? Give a gift to his or her donor-advised fund.
- If you are 70 1/2 years old or older and have an Individual Retirement Account, consider making an IRA charitable rollover to create or add to a fund at the community foundation. This option could help you be charitable without your IRA distribution being counted as income.
- Join the Community Leadership Partners, an active philanthropy group whose members pool their resources to tackle specific issues in the region.??
Every donation you make is tax deductible and will be acknowledged to you and any living honorees. You will also be listed in our annual report as a donor.