The Hampton Roads Community Foundation posts its employment opportunities on this page.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefits package.
The community foundation offers eligible employees the following benefits:
100% paid premiums for Health (HMO) and Dental plans
100% paid premiums for Life and AD&D insurances
100% paid premiums for Short- and Long-Term Disability benefits
10 1/2 paid holidays
Generous Paid Time Off plan
401(k) plan with Safe Harbor and Matching Contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Hampton Roads Community Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. The Foundation provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
If you are considering work in the nonprofit sector, you might check out the following:
- Academy for Nonprofit Excellence sends out a weekly list of nonprofit employment opportunities in Hampton Roads. The community foundation co-sponsors the training academy in partnership with Tidewater Community College.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy has an employment ad section.
- Idealist is where lots of young folks just starting out in their careers begin their searches.
- Nonprofit Career Network is a national resource center for nonprofit careers.
- Volunteer Hampton Roads lists local nonprofit employment opportunities and has a searchable database of local volunteer opportunities.