Breakfast Welcomes 32 Hampton Roads Nonprofit Leaders
The Hampton Roads Community Foundation was happy to be part of the August 16, 2016 New Nonprofit CEO Welcome Breakfast held by 757 Nonprofit Collaborative in Norfolk. The Collaborative is a partnership of Tidewater Community College's Academy for Nonprofit Excellence and VOLUNTEER Hampton Roads. The Obici Healthcare Foundation helped sponsor the breakfast held at Dominion Enterprises headquarters.
Among the guests were 32 nonprofit executives, all of whom recently assumed significant roles in the Hampton Roads nonprofit sector. They are pictured above listed from left to right:
- Jenny Fertig, Healthy Chesapeake
- Hal Smith, Boys & Girls Club of the Peninsula
- Edith White, HRCAP Inc.
- Sheri Klym, March of Dimes Hampton Roads
- Ed Collum, Opportunities for Change
- Betsy Roberts, Tidewater Youth Services
- Dr. Renee Felts, Paul D. Camp Community College Foundation
- Jim Spore, Reinvent Hampton Roads
- Kristen Carter, Children’s Harbor
- Lavora Moore, So-Etiquette Society
- Mary Kate Andris, YWCA of South Hampton Roads
- John Raniowski, Hero Kids Foundation
- Robin Gauthier, Samaritan House
- Tami Park Farinholt, Newport News Green Foundation
- Lisa Baehre, Sandler Center Foundation
- Chet Hart, Western Tidewater Free Clinic
- Major James Alison, The Salvation Army
- Melynda Ciccotti, Champions for Children: Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect
- Richard Gillcrese, Barrett Transitional Home
- Mary Campana, Equi-Kids Therapeutic Riding Program
- Kodi Fleming, Communities in Schools
- Jennifer Priest, Norfolk Sister City Association
- Jane Glasgow, Early Care and Education Initiative of the Hampton Roads Community Foundation
Not pictured above: Ruth Jones Nichols, FoodBank of Southeaster Virginia and the Eastern Shore; Angela Kellam, The Planning Council, and Linda McAbee, Hampton Roads Hounds for Heroes
The 757 Nonprofit Partnership unites the unique purposes and missions of two leading organizations serving the nonprofit community:
- The Academy for Nonprofit Excellence which offers professional development programs focused on the latest trends and best practices for nonprofits.
- VOLUNTEER Hampton Roads which connects businesses with opportunities to create a positive impact on our community, equips nonprofits with the resources they need to achieve their mission, and mobilizes volunteers to create change.