Nonprofit Resources: 6 Ways We Help Nonprofits Do Great Work
Since 1950, the Hampton Roads Community Foundation has partnered with area organizations to improve life in southeastern Virginia. Thanks to the generosity of numerous donors, we offer many ways to help nonprofits do their best work. Check out these six opportunities your organization can leverage to do great work:
- Talk with us: Make time to stop by on a Drop-in Day (usually the first Thursday of the month between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.). No appointments or formal agenda needed. Just come visit with a program officer to explore ideas and get feedback on possible grant requests.
- Apply for a grant: Thanks to our generous donors, we offer a variety of competitive Community Grants to help you address community needs. Our grants provide options for seed and program funding as well as facilities improvement and an array of special-interest grants.
- Explore ways to build your endowment: We manage more than 40 permanent endowments for area nonprofits and help them grow over time. Organizational fund holders receive annual distributions of unrestricted support to further their mission.
- Subscribe to receive more information: We offer a free monthly e-newsletter, the Grant Seekers Gazette, designed to keep area nonprofits in the know about grant opportunities, nonprofit classes, and timely news. Subscribe now!
- Check out our nonprofit resource kit: Our online toolkit features nearly 100 free resources designed to help nonprofits improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency from fund raising to board development and marketing.
- Attend an Academy for Nonprofit Excellence class: A nonprofit training program offered in partnership with Tidewater Community College, the classes are meant to improve skills, through one- and two-day classes.
Learn more about the great work of some of our local nonprofits who are putting our donors’ grants into action.